If you have ever tried to shop for projectors, then you know that there are different varieties of budget-friendly devices in the market today.
The fact that buyers have wider options to choose from makes it difficult to get what is best for them.
The best approach to identify the right projector, among the ones in the same price range, is to look at specifications to make sure they match the price and the intended use of the projector.
Below is a deep dive of the 5 Best Projector Under $200 and how to identify what is best for you.
5 Best Projector Under $200
|Projector's Name||Brightness||Contrast Ratio||Price||Check Price !|
iRulu BL20 Video Projector
(3.8 / 5)
iDGLAX DG-747 LED
(3.9 / 5)
Mlison Video Projector
(4.7 / 5)
Video Projector Protable
(4.5 / 5)
Mileagea LED Projector
(3.8 / 5)
Benefits of buying a Projector?
There are several positive attributes of projectors that are lacking in most LCD screens. First, projectors display bigger screen size than a majority of today’s LCD screens. Most projectors display more than 100 inches wide, and they produce very clear pictures. Another advantage of projectors is that they don’t strain your eyes.
Since they display on bigger screens, you won’t have to strain too much to watch TV or movies. In addition to this, projectors are flexible and they do not occupy a lot of space. You can fix them on the wall, then use a remote control to regulate them. They are also mobile, so you can carry along with you wherever you go.
What to Know Before Buying Best Projector Under $200?
Sometimes, consumers assume that pricey items are the one which is high quality and vice versa. While this may hold true, it is not always true. With this mindset, it is easy for consumers to fall prey to the manipulative adverts, especially when they are not sure what fits their needs.
It doesn’t have to be a daunting task though. There are several factors to consider in order to simplify the buying process. Top among them are image quality, brightness, ease of use, aspect ratio, connectivity, resolution, and contrast.
- Resolution: Resolution is basically the pixels that the projector uses to create pictures. So, projectors with higher resolutions will display better images. You can easily identify resolution as it is written in terms of horizontal and vertical pixels. For instance, 1200×800 means that the first number is the horizontal pixels, while the second represent vertical pixels.
- Image Quality: Even though you might not get the best image quality as the one for 4k projectors with this price point, you should always aim for projectors with decent colorful images. You should also look for a projector with a better flexibility that can display good quality images with different screen sizes.
- Connectivity: In today’s technologically connected world, projectors which are compatible with various devices are ideal. Your projector should at least connect with devices such as your smartphone, laptop, and Blu-ray player. Blu-ray discs provide better images since they carry more data than the standard discs.
- Aspect Ratio: Projectors have slightly different images than the TVs. Typically, TVs have an aspect ratio of 4:3. This ratio defines the shape of a video image. For an aspect ratio of 4:3, it means that the images are 4 units wide and 3 units heightwise. Projects have aspect ratios of 16:10, 16:9 and even 4:3. The higher value means the projector will display bigger images.
- Ease of Use: Just like any other consumer device, ease of use of a projector is very important. You don’t want a projector that will take most of your time to set up or operate. It should also be flexible enough to allow you to operate it through a remote control.
- Brightness: Brightness is determined by the number of lumens a device has. Projectors with a higher number of Lumens give brighter images. Generally, projectors have about 1000 – 3500 Lumens.
- Contrast: You should aim for projectors with higher contrast ratio. These projectors produce clearer images since they are able to differentiate between the brighter and darker parts of an image.
5 Best Projector Under $200 Reviews
iRulu BL20 Video Projector, Home Cinema
One notable thing about iRulu BL20 is its compact size. So you can easily carry it with you if you are visiting a friend’s place to watch a movie. The project has HDMI input units as well as other ports that allow you to connect it to other devices such as DVDs, laptops, Blu-ray, and game console. It also has an inbuilt sound system.
It has a resolution of 800×480, but it can support scaling from 1080p. It produces sharp images, but not as refined as you would expect from a 1080p projector. Though tiny in shape, iRulu BL20 can project large images even at close distance.
- Easy to set up. You can set up everything in under 10 minutes.
- Lightweight and compact, so it is easy to move around with.
- Display large size images.
- Inbuilt speakers work best in an indoor setting only.
- Images are not as sharp as the ones from 1080p projectors.
iDGLAX DG-747 LED HDMI Movie Video Projector
iDGLAX DG-747 has flexible setup options and it performs better than most projectors in that price range. You can easily set up an iDGLAX projector on your ceiling or on the front.
The device also has different connectivity options such as VGA, HDMI, and composite. Moreover, iDGLAX DG-747 allows for flexible control in terms of tilting or zooming to get clearer images. What sets it apart from other projectors at the same price point is that it is sturdily built. Its lamp can last up to 5000 hours, and it is inexpensive to replace.
- It is flexible in use.
- Has several connectivity options.
- The speaker is very easy to set up and use.
- It doesn’t break easily.
- Its fan produces a loud noise, so you need external speakers to neutralize the sound.
- It has a relatively low contrast ratio.
Mlison Video Projector 2000 Lumens Home Cinema Theater
Mlison Video Projector 2000 Lumens produces relatively bright images. It is highly flexible in terms of image accuracy control. Using manual keystone correction, you can adjust the lens in such a way that it produces clear images at any angle. It will also serve you for at least 20,000 hours of use.
In addition to this, you can connect this projector to several other devices through USB/HDMI/VGA/AV/TV/TF ports. The devices that are compatible with this projector include laptops, TV, PCs, tablets, PS3/4, TV, and TV set up box.
- Relatively Inexpensive.
- It consumes less energy.
- It supports a multitude of connections.
- Not suitable for business presentation.
- It does not display beyond 150 inches, and it produces dim images, especially in a bright setting.
Video Projector Protable, CiBest GP90 Home Cinema Theater
This projector is lightweight and compact in design, so it is easy to move around with. What sets it apart from other similar projectors at this price point is its brightness. It has 3200 Lumens, so it projects clear pictures. It also has above average contrast ratio of 3000:1.
Besides these, CiBest GP90 LCD is compatible with a multitude of devices. With its Dual HDMI, USB, VGA and AV you can connect to laptops, Blu-ray, game console, DVD and other similar devices. Its LED lamp life can serve you for about 20,000 hours of use.
- Produce brighter images than most projectors.
- It is very versatile. It is compatible with many devices and suits both indoor and outdoor.
- Easy to set up.
- HDMI inputs close to each other.
- Relatively big in size .
Mileagea LED Projector Mini Portable Home Theater
With this projector, you can easily connect to different devices through USB, VGA, HDMI, SD card, AV and IR ports. What makes it even more desirable is that you can connect to this device through Mileagea app Uni-Link OS. It is also possible to connect to various devices through Wi-Fi.
With this projector, you can watch a movie without the need for external speakers because it has two inbuilt speakers. Other than these, Mileagea LED has a relatively high contrast ratio.
- It is inexpensive.
- It offers Mini LCD Projector with 18 to 120-inch image.
- Flexible connectivity options.
- It only works best in a dark room.
- With the above guide, you stand a higher chance to make informed purchase decisions. With many varieties of budget friendly projectors in the market, your choice will be mainly influenced by your lifestyle and the purpose of the projector. You might not get the best outcome with the above projectors when compared with high-end projectors, but you will get the best value for your money