If you are, wondering why your gaming computer is responding slowly then you might want to check the Read access memory (RAM). Good RAM is not only important when gaming but also when involved in other demanding tasks, such as video editing or when opening different applications at the same time.
Technically RAM won’t increase your game speed unlike graphics card, or CPU, but with enough, your PC will won’t slow things down.
5 Best Gaming RAMs Comparison Guide
|Name||Technology||Storage Capacity||Price||Check Price !|
Corsair Vengeance Pro
(4.7 / 5)
Crucial 8GB Single DDR3L
(4.7 / 5)
Kingston HyperX FURY
(4.7 / 5)
Corsair Vengeance LPX
(4.7 / 5)
DDR 400, DDR3 2400
Crucial 16GB Kit (8GBx2)
(4.7 / 5)
DDR3 1,333 MHz
Things to Know before buying RAM for gaming PC?
Well, one reason is pretty much obvious, convenience; you do not need to spend time untangling speaker cables, and connecting them to the system which also means, you can pretty much put them anywhere in your room so long as they are within the transmission range and you won’t have to worry that someone will trip over.While Regular TV speaker will work best and probably give you the sound experience, you need, wireless speakers will give you top-notch, distortion-free sound quality, giving you the sound experience you have never had.
Things to Know before buying RAM for gaming PC
Do not just buy RAM and hope for the best since that won’t give you the results you need. Here are four factors you must consider when shopping for the best RAM for gaming.
- Type: RAMs come in different shapes, sizes and in different versions, so before you decide to buy your best pick, it would be important to ensure that they are compatible with your PC. RAM types fall under four categories, these include, DDR, DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4. Make sure you pick the right one for your Gaming PC.
- Speed: Although the speed matters when looking for a better gaming experience, it is important to know that your PC motherboard will accept certain speed or certain frequency of RAM. With gaming PC, the rule of thumb is to pick one with faster speed, to get the better gaming experience.
- Memory: The memory capacity has a lot to say with the gaming experience you are going to get. Generally, RAM with more memory capacity will allow you to run the most sophisticated games and will allow you to run other application in the background without bringing any issues. There are different types of RAM sizes, including 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB. The more the memory sizes the better gaming experience to expect.
- Easy Install: At glance, RAM is pretty simple device but they come with different ways of installing them. Most RAM sticks however comes, as Plug and play allowing you to insert them easily into your motherboard and you are good to go.
If you have too little RAM, say 2GB, most games types will not run, with 4GB, you may get the same performance as 8GB with most game type, but it will be restrictive on the number of other programs you will run on your PC. Games like Dying light, Grand Theft Auto, and Far Cry Prima will do okay with 4 GB but for smoother performance, 8 GB is highly recommended.
Other like the BATMAN: Arkham Knight, Hitman, and Quantum Break might require 8GB and recommend 16 for better game experience. These numbers are pretty clear, you won’t require 32GB to run well, 8GB to 16 GB will probably be okay for most type of games. 4GB is the minimum you should have, but remember if you need to improve frame rate, you might want to invest in a video card, as this will make a huge difference than a 32 GB RAM.
5 Best RAM for Gaming 2017
Corsair Vengeance Pro PC3 19200 Desktop RAM
Corsair is probably the most popular RAM amongst gamers, with this new series designed for third and fourth generation Intel users who want the most when it comes to overclocking. Corsair Vengeance Pro features enough speed and memory capacity to keep all but the awkward gaming enthusiast happy. To be precise, this RAM features 2400 MHz; you can literally do anything with such speed. The kit comes in two modules and four for dual channel specification.
- Smart looking.
- Noticeably faster than most model of its kind.
- Easy to install.
- Comes with heat spreader features, therefore cannot be denatured by excessive heat.
- Compatible with most modern computer.
- Ideal for those looking for maximum performance.
- A little pricey.
Crucial 8GB Single DDR3L 1600 Laptop Ram
The crucial GB single is priced a little better than other crucial models, so if you need a DDR3 kit for an upgrade, this one is your best bet. It’s not the prettiest set of RAM, but it will definitely deliver the performance you need.
The good thing about this one is that it will compliment many Gigabytes’ motherboards. It’s one of the most affordable RAM you can expect to increase the laptop performance without any issues.
- Easy to install.
- Compatible with almost all MAC system.
- Meets and exceeds Apple quality requirements.
- Comes with limited lifetime.
- Super speed.
- The stick is a little ugly.
Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 CL10 DIMM
Unlike other high-end overclocker type RAM Kingston models such as the Predator, the HyperX FURY is your best pick for Gaming PC. HyperX Fury features overclocking that detects appropriate speed and timing automatically for your motherboard making it easy to install.
Motherboard with 1333MHZ, 1600 and 1866 will definitely work well on HyperX FURY. It also features an aggressive heat spreader design and enough frequency enough for any gamer. It is well protected in a casing that comes in different colors.
- Auto overclock allows easy installation.
- Reasonably priced.
- Comes with a heat spreader for heat dissipation.
- Life warranty.
- Compatible with different motherboard.
- Power will vary on SDRAM used.
- Not a regular RAM, most suitable for gamers.
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 DRAME C15 Memory
The Corsair’s vengeance LPX has been around for the better part of last year, with its price dropping as competing models emerge. The new kit provides 3000MHz, it has one the best designs and superior cooling capabilities.
The 16GB is pretty average for a DDR4 memory, but the good thing is that Corsair has equipped the kit with a second XMP profile of 2800MHZ. The kit is predominantly designed for a quad-channel X99 platform, but you should expect it to work fine one Skylake.
- Low-profile designs; fits in smaller spaces.
- Good DDR4-3000 rating.
- Good cooling capabilities thanks to the included fans.
- Limited lifetime warranty.
- Compatible with many motherboards.
- Available in multiple colors.
- Included fan increased its overall price.
- Lacks overclocking capabilities.
Crucial 16GB Kit DDR3L CL9 204-Pin SODIMM Memory For Mac
If you are an Apple user, you know how hard it can be finding a compatible RAM. Crucial 16GB Kit is one of the few you can be guaranteed will deliver compatible, and high performing memory at an affordable price.
Features (2) 8GB DDR3 Operating at speeds of 1600 MHz, which means there are a lot you can do with this RAM. It conforms to industry standard, SODIMM of 204 pins. Being a Micro’s Brand you expect nothing less from Crucial 16GB Kit than outstanding performance.
- Simple to install.
- Backed up by a lifetime warranty.
- Compatible with Mac system.
- Increases system performance/ price ratio.
- High level of reliability compared to competing models.
- No heat spread hence vulnerable to overheating.
- The stick seems a little ugly.
- As you can see, there are different RAM for gaming enthusiast to consider, and these are just of the few that are top rated. For most people, it is highly recommended that you stick with a model that is affordable, but still one that gives you the gaming experience you need. 8GB of RAM will work just fine, but if you predict that you might need more, perhaps you should consider a 16 GB of RAM as an alternative.