After successfully recording your first big event, the next step is to edit it. This calls for not just any video editing computer, but the most ideal one for the job.
How do you make the best pick? Well, here’s a helpful guide that reviews the best computers for video editing so you can make an informed choice.
5 Best Computer for Video Editing Comparison Guide
|Computer's Name||Graphics||Processor &|
|Price||Check Price !|
Apple iMac MK462LL/A Desktop
(4.5 / 5)
AMD Radeon R9 M380
3.2GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB RAM
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme
(4.6 / 5)
AMD Radeon RX 480
8 GB Ram
Apple iMac ME088LL/A
(4.6 / 5)
NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M
3.2GHz QuadCore Intel Core i5
Dell XPS 8900 Ultra Desktop
(4.5 / 5)
Nvidia GeForce GTX 730
Intel Core i7 Quad Core
Acer Aspire E15 Laptop
(4.3 / 5)
NVIDIA GeForce 940MX
2.8GHz Intel Core i5
Things to Consider Before Buying a Computer for Video Editing
Your video editing computer needs to come with specific features that standard word-processing and internet surfing systems don’t usually have to tackle video editing. They include:
- Display: If you are using a laptop, don’t choose a screen smaller than 15 inches. Smaller screens can make your editing work difficult, especially if you have poor eyesight. The advantage of a bigger screen is that it enables you to display more windows concurrently and make your timeline bigger.
- Memory: This is essentially the brain of a computer. It enables the programs to function and the operating system to run. More memory means faster communication with the processor, thus tasks get executed easily. At a minimum, 4GB of RAM would be ideal.
- Processing Power: The CPU is basically the heart of a computer, and the more powerful the heart is, the easier and quicker it becomes to carryout necessary tasks. A minimum of Intel i5 dual-core processor is ideal.
- Operating System: There are many 32-bit systems on the market, but you don’t need those. What you need is 64-bit system (mostly a Mac) with at least an Intel Core 2 duo processor.
- Storage: The operating system and all software reside in the computer’s hard drive. The larger the capacity of your hard drive, the better. This is because HD video files occupy a lot of space. A minimum of 500 GB of storage is ideal or even get at least two hard drives.
- Input/output Ports: These days, USB ports have become standard in all computers. Any computer supporting USB 3.0 will allow for suitable storage devices to transmit data at 5GB/s. A FireWire port can also come in handy, as it can help to digitize your camera or to connect external hard drives.
- Extra Features: Other features that might come in handy include a recordable drive (i.e. a DVD burner) and a graphics processor.
Mac or PC? Which is better for video editing?
It’s common for Mac users to flaunt the obvious imperviousness of their systems in the faces of their PC counterparts, and it’s totally justified. Mac computers have more “horsepower”, have more features and are super efficient. These characteristics make them quite ideal for video editing.However, many of the video editing applications can also work on the current Windows 7. The only advantage that PCs have over Mac computers is that they come at a lower price. If you have the dough to spend on a Mac, then that’s the best option you’ve got.
5 Best Computer for Video Editing of 2017 | Review
Apple iMac MK462LL/A 27-Inch Retina
This is a spectacular all-inclusive iMac that spots a magnificent 27″ Retina 5K widescreen display, with a 5120 x 2880 resolution. It also features a powerful 3.2GHz quad-core Intel core i5 processor, as well as an AMD Radeon R9 M380 graphics processor with up to 2GB of GDDR5 memory.
It also features an 8GB onboard memory that is configurable up to 32GB. Also comes with a 1TB hard drive and an advanced, high-speed I/O, including 4 USB 3 ports and 2 thunderbolt ports. It also comes with original magic mouse and keyboard.
- The screen is stunning and wide enough at 27 inches.
- It has a lot of storage space with its 4TB hard disk.
- It has more memory with a configurable 8GB on board memory.
- It has a powerful processor.
- Connects wirelessly to other devices.
- Syncs with other apple devices flawlessly.
- Comes in a sleek, compact design.
- Does not have a CD ROM.
- Right click feature and other short cut features are unavailable.
CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme GXiVR8020A Gaming Desktop
Video editing gets super easy with this CYBERPOWERPC desktop that has a 6th generation 2.8GHz quad-core, Intel Core i5 processor. It also features ultra-quick DDR4 RAM to effortlessly carryout system-intensive tasks, including high definition gaming and video playback.
It also has a 1TB hard disk, which provides lots of storage space. It can also be connected wirelessly or via USB to other devices. Also included are Chanel keyboard and mouse.
- Simple setup.
- Good for gaming in addition to video editing.
- Has lots of storage space.
- Has a powerful processor.
- Enhanced connectivity via USB and wirelessly.
- Comes with a 1 year parts and labor warranty plus free lifetime tech support.
- Has a low-end power supply unit.
- No SLI potential.
Apple iMac ME088LL/A 27-Inch Desktop
This is another remarkable Mac computer that’s ideal for video editing. It comes with superior features, including a 3.2 GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, 1TB hard drive, two 4G (8GB) of 1600MHz DDR3 memory and a total of 4 user-accessible SO-DIMM slots.
This powerful computer also has a beautiful 27-inch diagonal LED-backlit display with a 2560 x 1440 resolution. Also included is a graphics processor with up to 1GB of GDDR5 memory.
- Very fast and super efficient.
- Large display that is 75 percent less reflective.
- Ultra-thin and fully-integrated display.
- Delivers high-speed performance while consuming energy.
- Lots of storage space.
- A bit pricey.
Dell XPS 8900 Ultra Desktop
It being the most recent member of Dell XPS family, you can expect nothing but the best video editing experience with the XPS 8900. It comes with unbeatable features, including a 6th Gen Skylake Intel quad-core i7-6700 processor, 8GB dual channel DDR4 2133 MHz memory, 1TB 7200 rpm hard drive and 2GB DDR3 dedicated memory. Also included is a laser mouse, wired keyboard, DVD-RW drive, 6 USB 3.0 and 4 USB 2.0 ports.
- Very powerful and efficient.
- Has front and rear ports.
- Has lots of storage space.
- Comes with sufficient memory.
- Features security software.
- configuration problem.
Acer Aspire E 15 E5-575G-53VG Laptop
If you are looking for a video editing computer that is portable, this is the device to go for. Not only does it come in attractive design, but it is also packed with a wide array of appealing features.
It features a 6th Gen Intel Core i5-6200U processor (up to 2.8GHz), 8GBB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD and a 15.6-inch full HD screen. Also included is a Backlit keyboard, as well as 2 inbuilt speakers.
- Long lasting battery up to 12 hours.
- Has a large-enough display.
- Has a powerful and efficient processor.
- Has good enough memory.
- Supports wireless connectivity.
- Has a spacious and comfortable backlit keyboard.
- It’s portable
- Doesn’t have touch screen capabilities.
- With such amazing, powerful and efficient video editing computers, everyday average and above average computer users can find an ideal device to work with. Prices range from brand to brand and also depending on the number and superiority of incorporated features. It is, therefore, a wise thing to compare different features and determine which ones are more useful to you and fit for your budget.